BID TABLE Q & A SESSIONS
HTC 4 ROOM FRIDAY 3:00PM
Bid Table Sessions will take place on Friday at 3:00PM in HTC 4. Advisory will tour the tables and it will be a chance for advisory and bidders to ask and answer questions.
GRAND BAY BALLROOM SATURDAY 9:00AM
Bid Presentations will take place on Saturday in the Grand Bay Ballroom starting at 9:00AM. Come out and support the Bid Committee’s to see where EACYPAA will be going in 2024!!!
EACYPAA Q & A
GRAND BAY BALLROOM SATURDAY 12:00PM-1:00PM
EACYPAA Q & A will take place at 12:00PM Saturday following the Bid Presentations in the Grand Bay Ballroom. This is your opportunity to ask Advisory any questions about the convention.
OPEN SITE SELECTIONS
GRAND BAY BALLROOM SATURDAY 5:00PM
Advisory deliberations for the location of the next EACYPAA will take place in the Grand Bay Ballroom starting at 5:00PM Saturday.
BID COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
In order to ensure that the Advisory Council can meet our responsibility to make a careful and informed decision during site selection, we have asked the bid committees to be responsible for:
- Sending the Bid Development Chairperson a copy of your bid package in PDF format no later than 10 days prior to the convention start date.
- Presenting your bid within a 15-minute window.
- Being present in the bid presentation room during posted times.
- Having a minimum of three members present at the convention.
Note: All Bid Committees need to be in the bid presentation room on Friday at 3:00 PM to meet with Advisory.
BID COMMITTEE REQUIREMENTS
- Bid Committees are required to provide a list of all potentially conflicting major events 30 days pre- and post-convention.
- Bid committees are required to demonstrate an understanding of AA’s 12 Traditions and 12 Concepts.
- Bid committees are required to demonstrate that they have read, understood, and agreed to the host committee responsibilities and EACYPAA bylaws.
- Bid Committees are required to produce a sample budget for the convention(s) they are proposing demonstrating financial viability, including registration estimates.
- Bid committees must include in their bid package unsigned contracts from at least two facilities (hotels, dorms, etc.) adequately sized to host EACYPAA. The bid package must clearly indicate proposed dates, room night commitment, room rates, total room inventory of hotel, food and beverage commitment, and any other relevant facility information. We strongly recommend that EACYPAA begins in the months of March, April, or May.
- Provide a minimum of one audio-visual quote for each proposed facility included in the bid package. Quotes should include all equipment, service, and labor costs to be incurred over the course of the convention and be facility-specific.
- Produce a concise summary of applicable federal, state, provincial and local tax/business laws that will apply to the convention and host committee. Prepare and include any necessary forms, letters or documentation required to establish agency and secure not-for- profit status in your location.
Based on our practical experience, the EACYPAA Advisory Council has compiled a list of suggestion. This list represents what we would find in a committee ready to host. These are updated as needed.
- Include a table of contents and page numbers
- Include a committee roster with the names, responsibilities, sobriety dates, and contact information for each member.
- Include service resumes for members and the committee as a whole.
- Include letters of support from the general service structure as well as other service groups whose support you will need.
- Include evidence of collaboration with your Area
- Include a detailed proposed program of events (POE).
- Include additional AV quotes.
- Include a concise statement of why you are bidding including the achievable goals you have for the EACYPAA you are proposing.
- Include a copy of your committee bylaws, operating procedure, and/or structure.
- Explain how your committee structure serves your committee, your area, and your goals.
- Include a copy of the policies and procedures that will be implemented upon being awarded EACYPAA and how they work within the EACYPAA Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures.
- Stay in communication with the current Host Committee.
- Stay in communication with the current Advisory Council
- Help to outreach the current convention
- Collaborate with other local AA groups and bids District and Area.
- Take initiative to plan conference calls, summits, or events with any or all members of the EACYPAA community.
LOGISTICS & PLANNING
- Explain how attendees will get to the convention and make their way through your city from airports, train stations, bus terminals, spaceports etc.
- Investigate issues related to the above mentioned.
- Provide potential resolutions to any challenges that may arise for attendees including border crossings and international attendance.